Sunday, June 06, 2004

We've all got to start somewhere...

Normally, beginnings are my speciality. Endings are a different matter, though.

This, however, feels difficult. So I won't try too much today. Suffice it to say that I am on a personal journey of discovery about the possibilities of emerging church. Not only that, but I guess I have a particular interest in how new forms of church can emerge in the countryside since I live in rural Norfolk - right on the edge of rural Norfolk, actually.

I'm due to be ordained in October (2nd) as an Ordained Local Minster. It will be interesting, especially as I intend to continue my work as an organisation consultant - which my reminds me of my current anxieties. Having got through the hurdle of my first beach service this morning (it went very well) I still have to face a workshop in King's Lynn tomorrow with a team of people who have some significant interpersonal difficulties. I have a proposal for conducting the workshop from a positive fiture-oriented frame but if they reject this it could easily disintegrate into acrimony and massive projections and introjections. I'll let you know how it goes and perhaps then I'll be able to post some thoughts on emerging church.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home